Digital Sales: Economist
Description: This is an individual contributor, highly skilled ad sales role, reporting into the National Sales Head.
Purpose: To carry out the vital role of identifying potential clients, sustenance and growth of the Economist business in the region. This entails revenue, brand reputation and key relationships.
The key expectations of the role:
- New Client acquisition translating to consistent achievement of revenue targets
- Ensuring growth/expansion of existing accounts
- Utilising ‘learnings’ pertaining to the biddable media market and industry trends to consistently improve sales conversions and account growth
- Being compliant with organizational processes as well as partner requirements
- Role will include addressing / supervising demand creation and demand fulfillment opportunities
Competencies required: Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attitude:
- Essential: Knowledge and Understanding of Print advertising and events.
- Desirable: Understanding of online advertising, digital media platforms, ad-networks in display and mobile.
- Should possess consultative selling technique: asking the right questions to determine what the client needs before pitching a solution
- Should have absolutely impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Should have keen negotiation skills and the ability to handle objections
- Should be well read and up to date with business and politics: national as well as international
- Should have experience and skill to deal with government officials and top brass of corporates
- Should be results driven and having a strong bias for action and hunger to excel
- Should be resilient and be able to deal with pressure
- Should demonstrate interpersonal skills when dealing with superiors, peers and clients
- Should be an extrovert with relationship management and networking ability
The Individual: (Education and Experience)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in print/media/digital ad Sales
A Post graduate degree or diploma in management.